Did you know actors are expected to provide their own Workers Compensation.
Its surprisingly cheap and well wortwhile for peace of mind.
The NSW Workers Compensation Scheme provides protection to workers and their employers in the event of a work-related injury or disease.
The aim of the scheme is to maintain a financially viable workers compensation system that is fair and affordable for employers and improves outcomes for injured workers.
The scheme is funded through the premiums paid by employers and provides medical and financial support to injured workers.
The premium paid will depend on the:
- industry in which you operate
- amount of wages paid to your workers
- costs of any claims made by your injured workers and
- dust diseases levy.
In the event of a workplace injury or disease, a workers compensation insurance policy will ensure that an employer is covered for the costs of all benefits due to the injured worker. Injured workers may have an entitlement through the workers compensation system to:
- weekly payments
-lump sum payments for permanent impairment (and pain and suffering where applicable)
- payment of medical and hospital expenses and rehabilitation assistance.
You can take out a workers compensation policy by contacting a WorkCover-appointed insurer (scheme agent).
Scheme agents are appointed by WorkCover to:
- issue workers compensation insurance policies
- determine and collect insurance premiums
- manage workers compensation claims
- provide support for injured workers, including rehabilitation
- pay workers compensation benefits to injured workers
- manage any third party service providers (eg medical or rehabilitation services).
The seven scheme agents are:
Allianz Australia Workers’ Compensation (NSW) Limited
Telephone: 1300 130 664
Cambridge Integrated Services Australia Pty Ltd trading as Xchanging
Telephone: (02) 8667 9700
General Inquiries: 1800 803 905
Facsimile: 1800 220 352
CGU Workers Compensation (NSW) Limited
Telephone: (02) 8224 4000
Facsimile: (02) 9292 8472
Employers Mutual NSW Limited
Telephone: (02) 8251 9000 or 1800 469 931 (toll free)
Facsimile: (02) 8251 9495 Claims and Injury Management
(02) 8251 9496 Underwriting and Credit Control
Gallagher Bassett Services Pty Ltd
Telephone: 1800 007 033
Facsimile: (02) 9464 7400
GIO General Limited
Telephone: 13 10 10
QBE Workers Compensation (NSW) Limited
Telephone: (02) 9375 4444
Facsimile: (02) 9375 4666