Adaptation by Emu Heights Productions
Directed by Ian Zammit and Anne-Maree Magi
To be performed in the Q Theatre
Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith, NSW
Emu Heights Productions is looking for its bold new ensemble of performers for the radical Film Noir version of “Hamlet” for the Q Theatre’s stage. We are looking for articulate, energetic, generous and committed actors to form a tight-knit ensemble.
“Hamlet” will be presented over six performances this November as part of our 2012 program at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre, Penrith. After the success of our recent production, “The Shoe-Horn Sonata”, with students and teachers we are proud to present this bold new adaptation of Shakespeare’s classic for HSC English school groups and public audiences. This production will draw on the traditions of Film Noir and the demise of the Weimar Republic.
This is a paid position, based on a contracted profit share determined by a company agreed budget and net share of Box Office returns.
3 males late 30’s to 40’s
4 males 20’s to 30’s
1 female 30’s to 40’s
1 female 20’s to 30’s
1 female 20’s to 30’s – featured singer & dancer
Schedule for Availability
Approx. 120 hours rehearsals plus Production Week.
Part-time Rehearsals begin week commencing Mon 3rd September 2012
Full-time Performance week commencing Mon 12th November 2012
Performances 13th – 17th November 2012
Desirable Skills and Experience
· Experience in the expression of Shakespearean/Elizabethan period playtexts
· Singing and Dancing experience. Training is desirable but not required
· Physical theatre skills, martial arts or stage combat skills are favourable
· Ensemble experience is highly favourable
· Excellent communication skills, the ability to work as part of a small team, with a high level of autonomy, self-motivation and initiative
· Passionate about the arts and supporting student’s education in the arts
· Passionate about developing performing arts in Western Sydney
Auditions will be held in Penrith close to public transport access
Initial auditions: Sunday 29th July 2012
· Individual 15 minute audition timeslot.
· Please prepare a 2-minute piece from “Hamlet” or Elizabethan theatre
· You may be required to sing
Successful auditionees will be offered a callback on Saturday 4th August for group work.
Send your application to email@example.com, including:
· A cover letter
· Your CV/Agent details
· Your headshot (please keep files to less than 1Mb)
· Your availability for Rehearsals and Performance Dates above (Day/Night/Weekends)
· In your application please indicate which session/s you are available for auditioning:
o 10am – 12pm
o 12pm – 1.30pm
o 2pm – 5pm
Successful applicants will receive an audition pack with their session time, audition location and further information. We will endeavour to give you an audition in your indicated session where possible.
Closing date: Thursday 26th July 2012
We will be in touch to confirm we have received your application.
Ian Zammit and Michele Zammit
Producers, Emu Heights Productions
For further information on how Emu Heights Productions supports arts and education in Western Sydney see: www.emuheightsproductions.com.au